2/12/18: Jesus Is Who He Says He Is
Have you ever known people who said they were something and then acted totally differently? A person like that is called a “perpetrator.” Some people “perpetrate” to make you think they are rich. Others “perpetrate” to make you think they are smart. Still others “perpetrate” to make you think they have more influence than they really have. However you cut it, a perpetrator is a fake.
Not so with Jesus Christ. Look at just the Scriptures in the book of John in which He tells us point blank who He is:
John 6:35a “I am the bread of life…” John 8:12 “I am the light of the world…”
John 10:7 “I am the door of the sheep.” John 10:11 “I am the good Shepherd…”
John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” John 15:5 “I am the vine, ye are the branches…”
John 11:25 “I am the resurrection, and the life…”
Since Jesus is who He says He is, He acts in accordance with His identity. For example, as the Bread, He feeds us; as the Light, He shows us our way; as the Vine, He passes needed nourishment to us, the branches; and so forth. Knowing that Jesus is not a perpetrator should embolden our faith. When the hungry multitude needed Him, He was their Bread. When Mary and Martha grieved over the death of their brother, He was the Resurrection. Jesus is what we His children need Him to be because He is who He says He is. Trust.
©2018 Sharon Norris Elliott. Feel free to forward this devotion in its entirety, including this copyright line. Leave comments, ask questions, read past devotions, or subscribe to receive these devotions daily in your e-mail at www.sanewriter.wordpress.com. Also, periodically check in at www.LifeThatMatters.net to see what’s going on in the ministry.
Links you won’t want to miss:
- Watch Sharon in two shows on The Holy Spirit Broadcasting Network:
- Life That Matters with Sharon Norris Elliott, and
- A View from the Upper Room
from any internet-connected device at www.HSBN.tv and on HSBN’s You Tube channel.
(Stream current show or view past episodes anytime!)
- Join the movement! Closer Walk 2018(c) https://closerwalk2018.wordpress.com
- 366 Glimpses of God: Getting to Know the God Who Knows You.
- Start every day of your new year with one of these thoughtful devotional readings that will focus your attention on our amazing heavenly Father.
- Pick up copies of Sharon’s books for yourself and as gifts for your family members and friends!
- Why I Get Into Trouble link to our eStore: https://www.createspace.com/5131814
- Boomerangs to Arrows: A Godly Guide for Launching Young Adult Children available from Judson Press (http://www.judsonpress.com/product.cfm?product_id=17387),
Boomerangs Videolink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JH_gbinMk
- Power Suit: The Armor of God Fit for the Feminine Frame from New Hope Publishers (http://www.newhopedigital.com/2010/08/power-suit/)
Sharon’s other books still available: